Sunday, June 21, 2015

Attitude of Gratitude #7

Greetings,

It has been a couple weeks since I last posted due to my typical excuse, business, also due to a little bit of laziness, I will admit. We had a visit from Rob's parents, which was great! I really do love having family in town. It is fun to catch up and get out of our routine to be tourists in our own town. We rode the train out of canyon city. We sat in a full service car and had a light lunch of chicken skewers and fruit. We enjoyed standing out on the observation car and enjoying the gorgeous view.
 Last weekend we went to Wyoming to visit my mother and help her with a few things. While up there we went to dinner at my favorite restaurant The Altitude Brewery. I had a big steak with mashed potatoes, veggies and wine...mmmm it was delicious.
This has been the first weekend in a while I have just stayed at home and been lazy. I got a few things done but was mostly lazy. Rob had to leave this week for training, he spent the weekend in Air Force lodging but his weekend was the same. I think we both needed a chill weekend to recharge.
Currently,  I am fasting for a small medical procedure tomorrow. For those of you that know me, you know I eat all day long; thus I am HANGRY! I am trying to take my mind off of it by devouring everything on Netflix that I have been wanting to watch for while. It is not working, but mind over matter, or rather mush over matter since the light-headedness has already set in.  I apologize if my thoughts in this blog keep drifting towards food. It is somewhat subconcious.

Here is what I have been particularly grateful for lately:

1. That we live in a society with access to good medical care. Really. I know we have a way to go to make the system more efficient and reasonably priced, but I am just so thankful that I can get to a doctor if I need one. In many parts of the world people do not have the same luxury.

2. My awesome in-laws. We had fun with them when they were visiting. We had fun exploring Canyon City by train, then going to the prison museum. We had a garage sale while they were here and they waited patiently while we hocked our personal items. I love garage sales. It feels so good to simplify the items that you need to keep. I believe spring cleaning is very important to keep from getting consumed by stuff. But I digress. We also went to dinner at Bonefish which was fun as well. I had the salmon. It was amazing. I am never disappointed when we go there.



3. That we get to fly for the Air Force. Particularly when you first take off from earth and into the sky: there is nothing like it. A sense of calm and contentment comes over me every time. It is so amazing to fly low and watch the ground pass underneath you while seeing it from a perspective that makes everything look both majestic and small at the same time. It is equally as fun to fly high where you can see the curvature of the Earth, knowing that you have a view that most people never get. We both love flying

Check out Rob's plane. He finally got his name on an Otter!
4. That we have been married for almost 4 months now. I love being married. I know, gag me, you are newlyweds of course you love being married. But Rob and I have defined some of the goals for our family. We have some big plans and I am looking forward to many more years of bliss.

I bought this cake for Rob for our 3 month anniversary













5. Finally, I am grateful for: red grapes, pineapple, ground bison with goat cheese, Almond butter, sweet potatoes, cedar plank salmon, quinoa salad, salt and vinegar almonds, roasted brussel sprouts, eggs and hash browns, oatmeal, Americanos with steamed soy milk, fajitas and black beans, dark chocolate. I told you I was hungry...sigh. Tomorrow I will be like these guys.


Happy Summer! It is finally here in Colorado. We have had so much rain lately. This week we managed to dry up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment