Monday, May 25, 2015

Attitude of Gratitude #6

My heart is very full today, so I have a long list of things to be grateful for this week:

Memorial Day:

In cemeteries across the country flags adorn the graves in honor to our brothers and sister in arms who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom. Memorial Day is not just a day off nor is it tribute to those who have served. It is to honor the lost. I know it is all over social media today and my words are only background noise to all that has been published today, but it is my blog so I will restate some of those thoughts.  Freedom is not free. There are thousands of men and women currently still fighting for our freedom. The war is not over. There are still men and women dying everyday for the luxuries we enjoy. We must remember the lost, we must learn from the past, we must stay connected to the most important cost of war.

Today Rob and I went and did the Memorial Day WOD at our cross fit gym; "Murph" 

1 mile Run
100 Pull ups
200 Push ups
300 Air squats
1 mile Run

We ran the last mile together, as we rounded the last turn we started naming all of the service members that we knew who gave there lives in service to this great country. It was a really nice moment between us. 

This week I am first and foremost grateful for them:

1. Daren Hidalgo
2. Luc Gruenther
3. Eric Ziegler
4 Luke Johnson
5. Warren Sneed 
6. Mark McDowell 
7. Jorma Huhtala 
8. Roslyn Schulte




9. I am also grateful that Rob and I were able to attend the Wings of Blue Suit ceremony today. It is so energizing to watch the Wings of Green get their Bluesuit after a year of training. I clearly remember how amazing it felt to finally put on our Bluesuits after a year of very challenging training to become first a skydiver then a jumpmaster. The look of joy on their faces brings back a flood of positive memories and you can't help but be right there with them in their special moment. 


10. On Saturday we went to a fun 40th Birthday party at a roof top bar. Our friend went all out to celebrate her 40th in style. She just competed and won several awards at this past Body Building competition. She looks amazing and has everything going for her. She had a lot to celebrate. I hope I am as put together as she is, to rock out for my 40th in a similar way. It was also nice to get dressed up and let loose a little after a few months of sober/clean living. I was definitely a bit of a light weight when it came to the wine. But enough of that, I am looking forward to getting back into the gym and working towards my new goals. 


That is all I have for now. Have a great 4-day week! What are you grateful for?









No comments:

Post a Comment