Friday, April 17, 2015

Attitude of Gratitude #3

The past two weeks have whizzed by in a frenzy of business. I have been working/flying/homemaking etc. Mostly working. I flew a few missions and taught a few yoga classes. Rob has been busy with work as well. We have started a countdown until he is out of his current job and into a a much more suitable slacker job. We both enjoy balance in our life and in particular we try to avoid long hours at work. Don't get me wrong, we work hard if assigned a task or we are intrinsically motivated by a goal but we are not workaholics. His current job is keeping him at the office for over 12 hours a day. He works SO hard! I am so proud of him but don't want this pace to last forever. I am looking forward to having him around more and he is looking forward to having some balance back.
I have been working towards my goal of competing in a bikini competition so pardon me if my thoughts seem incomplete...it is from lack of carbs. Here is my gratitude list:

1. My amazing husband. I flew a mission to Alabama on Sunday. I was gone the entire day. He went grocery shopping, cleaned up and had flowers waiting for me when I got home. Nice work!


2. I had to drive up to Denver to shoot the 9mm gun as a qualification for my job. It had snowed that morning and was 20 degrees out at the range therefore my fingers were frozen. I am super grateful for the program lead. He is a really nice retired cop who helped me load my magazines and got us through the training in an hour so we didn't freeze.
3. We got our wedding photos back from my good friend and photographer, Sheryne Cadicamo. I will blog about the whole day in another post but for now I will spare you the gushing. Here is one of the party favors we got everyone. I thought they were funny...but I may have been the only one.


4. My health

5. That I get to live in Colorado. I love this dang state. Seeing Pikes Peak everyday never ceases to ground me and make me appreciative to live in such a beautiful place. 


Hope you had a great week. What are you grateful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment