Poor Rob had to stay home all alone last week but he was incredibly productive getting all his studying done for some of the commercial equivalency tests for his civilian licenses. He will get his ATP (Air Transport Pilot) license done when he heads to the sim this summer. It was wonderful to come home to my husband however, there was a melancholy addition to our living room as Rob acquired a bag full of deployment items and has begun collecting things he will need for his trip this year. I am thinking I will move it to the garage.
Last weekend before I left for Dallas, Rob and I participated in a charity WOD at our Crossfit gym. It was to benefit Angels of America’s Fallen, "which was founded to help children of fallen military and first responders develop into strong and successful adults by providing them positive mentoring and developmental activities when they are at their most crucial developmental phase of life." It was a really cool event and we got to meet some of the kids the foundation helped to mentor.
Therefore my gratitude list this week is kind of human centered:
1. That we got the opportunity to participate in and finish the Angel WOD. It is an awesome organization. The WOD was of course challenging but we finished and were pretty proud of ourselves.
|Rob gutting out the kettlebell swings|
|Me gutting out the burpees|
2. That we are in a position to help when and where we can. We never feel like we are giving enough but it feels good when we have the opportunity too.
3. That I was able to visit with my sister and her family. My nieces and nephews are so stinking cute. They are hard to resist buying toys for when we take trips to the store.
4. That we won the genetic lottery and are living in a great time in history. Humankind has never had it so good.
5. That Rob and I have some really great people in our life. Truly solid friends and family that we can count on if needed.